The Defense Production Act, 1950, granted the government powers in the event of national emergencies. Since 2001, government power has increased under the guise of the war on terror. With this latest Executive Order, every aspect of American life is controlled by the President and his cabinet secretaries at their discretion and without challenge.
The NDAA 2012 gives the president sole authority to revoke the freedoms of U.S. citizens; and, Executive Order #13617, assigns this power through the president to the secretaries that run the government.
Executive Order #13617 allows the president and his secretaries to commandeer all U.S. domestic resources, including food and water (even that which is in a citizen's home), water resources, as well as seize all energy and transportation infrastructure, as well as, forcibly draft U.S. citizens into the military and force U.S. citizens to satisfy "labor requirements" for "national defense."
- Secretary of Energy: power to commandeer all forms of energy
- Secretary of Defense: power over all water resources
- Secretary of Commerce: power to comandeer all material services and facilities, including construction materials
- Secretary of Transportation: power over all forms of civilian transportation
- Secretary of Agriculture: power to control food resources and facilities, livestock plant resources, and domestic distribution of farm equipment
- Secretary of Health and Human Services: power over all health resources
- Secretary of Labor: distribute U.S. citizens as government "laborers"
- Secretary of Defense: maintain data on U.S. citizens for use by the Secretary of Labor
Executive Order #13617 allows the government unfettered control over every aspect of the nation in defiance of the Constitution. From experience, I awyers know how to break the law without consequence. Maybe we shouldn't have a president who studied Constitutional law. It is quite possible he studied Constitutional law for a reason.